Where is the con?
- The Multiplex at Cramton Bowl at 220 Hall Street, Montgomery, AL 36104
What are the hours?
- Saturday October 20th - The show opens to VIPs at 9am and to the general public at 10am and lasts until 7pm at which point the 21 and up Afterparty begins at GTSouth at 4017 Eastern Boulevard
- Sunday October 21st - The show opens at 9am and lasts until 5pm.
Will my fandom be represented at the con?
- GCC is a multi-genre event that celebrates ALL geek fandoms and we’ve made great efforts to provide a diverse Exhibitors’ Hall, Cosplay Contest, Special Guests, etc. so we’ll have a little bit of something for everyone!
Is this event only for children?
- GCC welcomes everyone, from the youngest fan to the multi-year veteran! Also, GCC is an open space and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, etc. There will also be a Children's activity area.
Where are the nearby accommodations?
- There are several hotels in downtown. Since we expect a pretty full house, we recommend booking your hotel in advance for availability. If you’re still needing somewhere to go, all of our staff are Montgomery folks and will be happy to help you find some accommodations upon request.
Do I have to dress up?
- Dressing up or “cosplaying” is not required, although it is encouraged. Feel free to enjoy GCC however you please, even if you are a first time cosplayer or an experienced veteran. The Cosplay Contest is a huge part of our show and we have several excellent cosplay guests to offer cosplay advice and several prizes to be won from our Cosplay Contest, as well!
Can I get back in if I have to leave?
- All you need to do is show your badge and/or wristband when re-entering the con to staffers at the front entry.
Can I still get a shirt and/or a badge if I’m not VIP?
- We will have a limited number of Gump City shirts and badges left for sale at the Gump City Con merch booth during the show, however when they sell out, that’s that so first come, first served!
What happens if I lose/find something?
- We will have a Lost and Found bin at the Gump City Con merch booth during the show for any items that are recovered so be sure to stop by if you’ve lost or found something.
Where are the restrooms?
- There are restrooms immediately to the left inside the foyer of the Main Building.
What am I supposed to do about food?
- The Multiplex will have a concession stand serving food throughout the day. Out of respect to our concession folks, no outside food or drink will be allowed.
Do I need a parent/guardian with me if I’m a child?
- Children younger than 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone 12 and older may participate without adult supervision.
Do vendors only take cash? Do guests only take cash? Will there be an ATM?
- Most vendors and guests will be able to take both cash or card transactions on purchases made in the Exhibitor Hall, however we recommend having cash anyway if wifi signals are unclear or if a vendor’s card processing capabilities are limited. Yes, there will be an ATM in the front foyer of the Building for your convenience, but we still recommend bringing additional cash if and when it is completely emptied.
How come X guest isn’t here?
- GCC staff has worked hard to bring special guests that represent a diverse array of fandoms and to interact with our attendees. They are here for you so please take time to visit with them and thank them for their time and participation. Each guest has their own dealings on autographs and pictures so don’t hesitate to ask! If you have special guest requests in the future, we’re always listening.
Can I still participate in the Cosplay Contest if I didn’t make my costume?
- Please refer to the rules and guidelines in the Cosplay Contest section.
Can I still participate in the Super Smash Bros tournament or Fighter Tournaments if I didn’t preregister?
- Please refer to the rules and guidelines in the Tournaments section.
Who do I talk to if I need help or have a question?
- There are several GCC Volunteers and Staffers that will be available throughout the day wearing a shirt with the word “STAFF” on the back – feel free to ask any of them.
This is my first convention – is there anything else important I should know?
- Bring cash – you never know when you’ll need it!
- Wear comfortable shoes – you’ll be walking a lot and you’ll need them!
- Stay hydrated – it is easy to overlook when you’re having a good time!
- Don’t be afraid to interact with people – this is a social event so enjoy it!
- Be open-minded – you will see some interesting stuff. EMBRACE IT!
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!